2 for 1 on your trip to the
Looking to explore Cumbria? Or do some sightseeing in the Lake District? Travelling to the stunning Lake District by train offers you the perfect opportunity to be in the heart of the Lakes in the quickest and most enjoyable way possible.
Our trains will whisk you to key destinations such as Penrith North Lakes and Oxenholme Lake District and leave you feeling refreshed to make the most of your time there.
- Trains from Preston and Glasgow to Penrith and Oxenholme are roughly every 2 hours but please check in advance for exact scheduling.
- Take one of our trains between Preston - Glasgow, or hop onboard at a station in between.
- Average journey times from Glasgow to: Penrith 1hr 21 mins, Oxenholme 1hr 42 mins. Preston to: Oxenholme 30 mins, Penrith 51 mins.
See Terms & Conditions.
Getting the best fares
Here's how to get the best fares:
- 2 for 1 Advance fares when you book through this page.
- Book as far in advance as you can.
- Be flexible with travel times if possible.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- Each booking may be made for two adult passengers only. Groups with multiples of two people must be booked in multiple transactions.
Click on the 'Buy tickets now' button
Buy your ticket(s) online
Don't forget your travel documents
Stuff you should know before you book
Terms & Conditions aren’t the most exciting thing to read but there are a few important things we need to let you know:
- You can book tickets from 19 July to 29 November for travel periods 20 July to 31 August inclusive and 1 October to 30 November 2013 inclusive. Trains are open for reservations 12 weeks in advance.
- The promotion is available on Virgin Trains Advance fares on selected Virgin Trains services between Glasgow and Preston. You may also travel between Carlisle, Penrith North Lakes, Oxenholme Lake District and Lancaster and Preston.
- Each booking may be made for two adult passengers only. Groups with more than two people must be booked in multiple transactions.
Please make sure you read the full Terms & Conditions before booking