First Class lounges
The First Class experience with Virgin Trains goes beyond the train. As a First Class traveller on the West Coast Mainline, you can escape the crowds and relax in the tranquil environment of our First Class lounges. That's where you'll discover Fairtrade hot and cold drinks, snacks, Wi-Fi, weekday newspapers and electronic departure information. And it's all free.
- Complimentary hot and non-alcoholic cold drinks, snacks and weekday newspapers
- Lavazza and barista style coffee – available at Euston only
- Free Wi-Fi via the T-Mobile HotSpot service
- Dedicated corporate area with fixed desks for laptops, television screens showing BBC News (television screens currently not available at Glasgow Central)
- Designer chairs, created with supreme comfort in mind
- Electronic departure information
- And at Euston only - showers
Location and opening hours
To enter the First Class lounge, just show your valid Virgin Trains ticket (either Virgin Business, First Anytime or Advance First ticket) that’s for travel along the West Coast Main Line.
You can enjoy our lounges up to *two hours before your outward journey and for an hour after your inward journey on the travel date shown on your ticket.
*Following the success of our sparkling new lounge at London Euston, and to ensure we can offer you the best possible experience, from 29 May 2014, access time before your outward journey is reduced to one hour at peak times (15:00-19:00 on Thursdays and Fridays for First Advance ticket holders only).
Remember not to make yourself too comfortable; you've got a train to catch.
Simply select a station below to find out the location and opening hours of our First Class lounges. Opening times may vary during the weekends and UK bank holidays, so please check before you travel.
Upstairs opposite Britannia Pub.
- Monday - Friday: 07:00 - 23:00
- Saturday: 07:00 - 20:00
- Sunday: 10:00 - 23:00
Routes & stations
Virgin Trains takes you to some of the UK's top cities. And we're constantly improving station facilities.
First Class travel
Wider seats, extra legroom, complimentary food, drinks and Wi-Fi all make First Class with Virgin Trains a very special experience.
Discover First Class
Stay connected with Wi-Fi on all our trains. Free in First Class and pay as you go in Standard.
Learn more about Wi-Fi