Dublin by Virgin Trains & ferries
Rail & Sail
Travel all the way to Dublin city centre from anywhere on our network by rail and ferry, with a Rail & Sail ticket.
Virgin Trains have teamed up with Irish Ferries and Stena Line to make that trip to Dublin that little bit easier, with one easy booking.
Taking you into Dublin Port, we've got some great offers for you. Advance fares for a Rail & Sail ticket from London to Dublin start from only £38.00 each way, and what's more, children pay half the price of standard adult fares.
The journey's simple, get a Virgin Train to Holyhead, change onto the ferry and sail right through to Dublin. All in one booking.
To check all the stations up and down the country along our network, view our routes and stations.
Rail & Sail stuff you should know before you book:
- First Class fares are not available. Any customers wishing to travel First Class should purchase separate rail and ferry tickets.
- Reservations are compulsory on the sea crossing. Failure to obtain a reservation on the ferry may result in customers not being allowed to board the ferry.
- For travel on all days it is recommended that seat reservations are made for the train.
- In the event of the ferry arriving late in Holyhead, tickets will be valid on the first available rail service at no extra charge.
- Railcard discounts are not available.
The 08:20 and 21:30 (20:30 Sun) are for vehicles only.
Food, drinks and light bites
Forget about the last-minute food dash before you board. Step into The Shop to discover a delicious choice of healthy options and naughty treats.
See what's in The Shop
Now you can collect Nectar points at 125mph
Book online now and collect DOUBLE points. Offer ends 11 October 2014.
Three's not a crowd for a group discount
Travelling in a group is fun and now it's even more affordable. Get discounted travel if there's three or more of you.
Learn more about Group travel
Our Routes and Stations
Did you know that Virgin Trains go to Holyhead? Your best route to Dublin.
Check out the Virgin Trains route map