Birmingham New Street station redevelopment
A brighter, bigger and better Birmingham New Street station opens.
Network Rail have spent over two years working on the redevelopment of Birmingham New Street station, with the final completion planned for 2015.
On Sunday 28 April 2013, Network Rail reach the half way point of the project. The concourse and existing entrances you use today will close and three new entrances will open into the first half of your brand new station.
Download this map showing the new entrances and station layout
What you should know:
- The new escalators to platforms 1 and 12 will be completed after the 28 April 2013.
- The concourse and existing entrances you use today will close and three new entrances will open into the first half of your new station.
- For further information please visit newstreetnewstart.co.uk and download this leaflet.
Walking to and from the station?
- The main entrance on Smallbrook Queensway will be closed. You can access the station via the new Moor Street link and Stephenson Street.
- You will still be able to access the station from the Pallasades and Bullring through the new escalators to the new concourse. The current escalators will close.
- The Victoria Square entrance on Navigation Street will close to passengers as new entrances will open onto Stephenson Street and Hill Street.
- Please allow 5 -10 minutes extra to your journey time, we don't want you to miss your train!
Driving or catching a taxi?
- The drop off and pick up areas at the front of the station, just by Smallbrook Queensway closes. The new point will be located on Hill Street.
- The taxi pick up point will remain on the Navigation Street.