At Virgin Trains we've made every effort to provide a website that's accessible to the widest possible audience, and have implemented a number of features to make this website easy to use, especially for those with disabilities.
While we've pulled out all the stops to stick to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it's not always possible to do so in every single area of the website. Several areas of this site also contain third party content, widgets or applications.
We've done our utmost to make this website adhere to WCAG 2.0 "A" guidelines by implementing the following recommendations:
- Alternatives for non-text content
- Webpage is formatted correctly and in order
- Webpage is readable and navigable in logical order
- Colour is not only the identifier
- Website can be navigated through keyboard
- Keyboard users don’t get stuck
- Provide a ‘Skip to content’ link
- Helpful pages titles
- Webpage is navigated in a logical order
- Link purpose is clear from link text or context
- Webpage has a language assigned (<lang> attribute)
- Focus does not change the context of elements
- Input does not change the context of elements
- Input errors are clearly identified
- Elements are labelled and instructions given
- No Major HTML errors
Furthermore, where possible we've adhered to parts of the WCAG 2.0 "AA" guidelines, for example in areas such as contrast and text enlargement. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website, so if you have a disability and you encounter any difficulties, please don't hesitate to contact us so that we can address the issue as soon as possible. It's important to us.