National Rail Passenger Survey
Here at Virgin Trains, we're committed to ensuring you have the very best experience when using our services. This is why we're always keen to have your feedback on any aspect of your experience.
Much of this important feedback is provided in the National Rail Passenger Survey (NRPS), which is published by an independent watchdog, Transport Focus, every six months.
Findings from the NRPS are shared with government and industry to ensure the voice of transport users is front and centre when any decisions are made on the future of our services. This year, the watchdog group interviewed over 100,000 members of the public to get feedback on every aspect of rail service, from the friendliness of the staff to the cleanliness of the stations.
View the latest NRPS report below for Spring 2016 (published 30 June 2016) for Virgin Trains on the West Coast Mainline.
- 90% of those surveyed were satisfied with our trains
- 90% of those surveyed were satisfied with the freqency of trains on our route
- Where there were delays, almost two thirds of customers felt we handled these circumstances well and 91% agreed our station staff tried their best to help you
- 87% are satisfied with our overall punctuality
- 81% believe there's sufficient room for all passengers to sit/stand.
We're happy when you're happy, but we always want to keep improving. We're stepping things up right across your Virgin Trains experience, to make sure you arrive awesome, every time you travel:
- Improved WiFi: We've upgraded the WiFi on all our trains, so it's smoother and speedier. We're installing free and fast WiFi at our stations too.
- Delay Repay: We were the first train company to introduce Automatic Delay Repay, which pays money back automatically into your bank accounts if you've been delayed.
- BEAM: Our brand spanking new, complimentary, onboard entertainment service gives you access to hundreds of hours of content direct to your personal device.
- M-tickets: We're the first franchised rail operator to offer m-tickets for all ticket types.