Terms & conditions of sale
- Available on Virgin Trains West Coast services only.
- Prices start from £899 One Way from London Euston to Birmingham New St - subject to availability; restrictions, terms and conditions apply. For other destinations please submit a Quote request for a bespoke quotation.
- Connecting services on other Train Operating Companies to be confirmed at 12 weeks prior to travel, or as made available by the other Train Operating Company. Virgin Trains takes no responsibility over the scheduling of other Train Operating Companies and their connection with Virgin Train services.
- Travel can be confirmed 24 weeks prior to departure on Weekday services (Monday to Friday), excluding Bank Holidays. Weekend and Bank Holiday Travel can be confirmed 12 weeks prior to departure, or as soon as Network Rail Maintenance schedules allow confirmed services.
- Train times quoted at 24 weeks prior to departure are subject to change, and will be confirmed 12 weeks prior to travel. Virgin Trains takes no responsibility for scheduling changes.
- Quotes given are an indication of the current fares available, and cannot be guaranteed until a booking is confirmed.
- Prices quoted are valid on the day of Quotation. After this time, prices and availability are subject to change and will be re-quoted based on current availability.
- Any verbal quote is an estimate only, subject to availability and can only be guaranteed when the reservation is confirmed.
- All bookings must be paid in full within 28 days of the date of invoice. For payment methods see Payment Details section.
- Bookings made within 7 days of Travel require immediate payment by Debit/Credit Card to confirm the reservation.
- Confirmed numbers must be advised prior to making payment.
- Once a reservation has been confirmed & payment applied to the invoice, any changes or amendments to time or date of travel and/or group size will be subject to admin fees, see Refunds/Cancellations/Amendments section for details.
- Outward and return (if applicable) services must be specified at time of booking.
- Tickets are valid ONLY on the date and train service(s) shown on the ticket(s)/travel document(s).
West Coast Trains Limited (“the Company”) agrees to supply the services (“the Services”) to the Customer named overleaf (“the Customer”) subject to the following terms and conditions.
- Force Majeure and Frustration
Whilst the Company will use all reasonable endeavours to fulfil its contractual obligations here under, it shall not be liable for any delay brought by events which are beyond the control (for any reason) of the Company.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the Customer shall make payment for the goods within 28 days of the date of invoice.
If payment is not made when due the company may, without prejudice to its other rights, charge interest at annual rate of 2% above the current base rate of the Royal Bank of Scotland plc to be calculated on a day to day basis on the balance outstanding until payment is made in full.
If payment is still not paid the Company reserves the right to take further action to recover all outstanding amounts.
The Company shall under no circumstances be liable for any indirect, special or consequential loss (including loss of anticipated profit or third part claims) howsoever arising either from breach or non-performance of any if its obligations under the contract or from the supply of or intended use of the Services, even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such potential loss, except that the Company shall be liable for loss arising from death or personal injury resulting from proven negligence of the Company.
- Payment Details
Payment of this invoice is due as dated on the invoice. The preferred method of payment is by BACS to the bank account details shown overleaf.
Remittances can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the invoice document number.
- Bank Details and Company Registration Numbers
West Coast Trains Limited
The Royal Bank of Scotland
Corporate Banking office
PO Box 450
5-10 Great Tower Street
A/c No. 20059119
Sort Code. 16-04-00
VAT No. GB672859095
Reg No. 3007940
- International Payment Details
All Terms are in accordance with National rail Conditions of Carriage:
IBAN No: GB43RBOS16040020059119
BIC No: RBOSGB2L
We appreciate travel plans might need to be cancelled from time to time.
Once a reservation has been confirmed & payment applied to the invoice, any changes or amendments to time or date of travel and/or group size will be subject to a flat £10 fee per ticket, per change, plus any difference between the fares (i.e. if a smaller level of discount applies to the new services required) and is subject to availability on the alternative departures. Appropriate postage charges will be applied for delivery of the amended tickets and all previous tickets must be returned to Virgin Trains group travel, at the clients’ expense. A minimum of 14 days notice is required to make amendments to confirmed bookings.
If a refund is required, please give us a call on 0333 103 7717 as soon as possible and we will advise appropriate procedures accordingly. Please find refund percentages as below:
- 29 or more day's before travel: 90% of the ticket value will be refunded.
- 28 - 21 day's prior to travel: 50% of the ticket value will be refunded.
- 15 - 20 day's prior to travel: 25% of the ticket value will be refunded.
- 14 day's or less prior to travel: No refund will be given.
- On or after the date of travel: No refund will be given.
£10.00 admin fee will also be applied to all refunds.