Rail & Sail
Virgin Trains have teamed up with Irish Ferries and Stena Line to put Ireland on your doorstep. Our Rail & Sail ticket lets you travel all the way to Dublin from any Virgin Trains station. Just hop on to any Virgin Train on the West Coast Mainline, and travel to Holyhead station. From there you can get a ferry to Dublin with a special rail and ferry combination ticket. Advance fares for a Rail & Sail ticket from London to Dublin start from only £39.00 each way. And even better, children go half price. Perfect for a family trip to the Emerald Isle. Check out our network to see where you can travel from.
- First Class fares are not available. Any customers wishing to travel First Class should purchase separate rail and ferry tickets.
- Reservations are compulsory on the sea crossing. Failure to obtain a reservation on the ferry may result in customers not being allowed to board the ferry.
- For travel on all days it is recommended that seat reservations are made for the train.
- In the event of the ferry arriving late in Holyhead, tickets will be valid on the first available rail service at no extra charge.
- Railcard discounts are not available.
The 08:20 and 21:30 (20:30 Sun) are for vehicles only.