3-9 Group bookings "Group-e" - Terms & Conditions
10+ Group bookings - Terms & Conditions
- Group-e discount is only available on selected Advance tickets purchased online at www.virgintrains.co.uk/tickets-offers/group-travel. This discount is not available at the call centre, station or on-board.
- The discount will only apply to groups of 3-9 travelling together.
- Tickets are valid on Virgin Trains routes and services only.
- Seats must be booked by 23:59 one day before travel and are subject to availability.
- A discount of 20% off selected Advance fares applies to all adult and child passengers.
- Groups must have at least 3 passengers in the party to qualify for the discount.
- The discount is applicable in addition to the usual child discount; however no additional Railcard discount or other offers/promotions apply.
- Tickets are non refundable and no change of journey is allowed.
- Breaks in the journey are not allowed.
- Seat reservations are compulsory and travel must be made on the date & services specified on the ticket.
- Dedicated Advance fares are subject to availability on Virgin Trains only.
Advanced Group: Ticket discounts are based on at least 10 people travelling together, and are single (one-way) tickets.
School Group: Available to Teachers and pupils from registered schools in the United Kingdom. There must be at least 20 people in the group, with a maximum of 50 including adults, per train service. There cannot be more than 10 adults and children must be under 18 at the time of travel, students aged 18 or over will be classed as an adult. The School Group Fare is based on a return ticket.
Children (under 18 on most group discounted tickets) travel at around half the price of the adult fare, those under 5 travels free with no seat reservations.
Terms and conditions:
- Available on Virgin Trains West Coast services only.
- Connecting services on other Train Operating Companies to be confirmed at 12 weeks prior to travel, or as made available by the other Train Operating Company. Virgin Trains takes no responsibility over the scheduling of other Train Operating Companies and their connection with Virgin Train services.
- Travel can be confirmed 24 weeks prior to departure on Weekday services (Monday to Friday), excluding Bank Holidays, for groups of 10 or more passengers travelling together on the same service. Weekend and Bank Holiday Travel can be confirmed 12 weeks prior to departure, or as soon as Network Rail Maintenance schedules allow confirmed services.
- Seat reservations can only be confirmed 12 weeks prior to departure. All Virgin Trains group advance fares require seat reservations.
- Train times quoted at 24 weeks prior to departure are subject to change, and will be confirmed 12 weeks prior to travel. Virgin Trains takes no responsibility for scheduling changes.
- Quotes given are an indication of the current fares available, and cannot be guaranteed until a booking is confirmed.
- Prices quoted are valid for 2 Business days from time of quoting, subject to availability. After this time, prices and availability are subject to change and will be re-quoted based on current availability.
- Any verbal quote is an estimate only, subject to availability and can only be guaranteed when the reservation is confirmed.
- All bookings must be paid in full within 7 days of Booking confirmation or 7 days prior to travel, whichever occurs first.
- Bookings made within 7 days of Travel require immediate payment by Debit/Credit Card to confirm the reservation.
- Group discount tickets are sold in limited numbers, are subject to availability at the time of booking and should be booked a minimum of 7 days prior to travel. Whilst Virgin Trains will endeavour to accommodate all requests within 7 days of travel, Virgin Trains shall not be responsible for the delivery of tickets within this time.
- Confirmed numbers must be advised prior to making payment.
- Once a confirmed reservation has been made and an invoice sent, any changes or amendments to time or date of travel and/or group size will be subject to a flat £10 fee per change per booking, plus any difference between the fares (i.e. if a smaller level of discount applies to the new services required) and is subject to availability on the alternative departures. Appropriate postage charges will be applied for delivery of the amended tickets and all previous tickets must be returned to Virgin Trains group travel, at the clients’ expense. A minimum of 14 days notice is required to make amendments to confirmed bookings.
- Unless specified, group tickets are issued as one ticket per group per train.
- Outward and return (if applicable) services must be specified at time of booking.
- Group bookings cannot be used in conjunction with any special offers and/or Railcards.
- Relevant postage fee will apply to bookings under the value of £250.00. A £6.00 charge will be applied for all Special Delivery requests. A £7.00 charge will apply for all international postage.
- Tickets are valid ONLY on the date and train service(s) shown on the ticket(s)/travel document(s).
- Virgin Trains group tickets are only valid for travel, if presented alongside seat reservation documentation.
- Groups should arrive at the departure station shown on your seat reservations in good time to catch the train. It is recommended that large groups should arrive at the station at least 30 minutes prior to travel. Groups of 25 or more passengers please make themselves known to a member of station staff on arrival at the station.
- If you miss the service on which you are booked, a new ticket will have to be purchased. No group discount will be applied.
- Changes to tickets cannot be made on-board the train. If you board a train without a ticket and reservation for that service, you will be required to purchase a new ticket for the journey.
- Although a list of travellers is not usually necessary, Virgin Trains reserves the right to request such list.
- Virgin Trains reserves the right to withdraw its group travel offering at any time without notice.
We appreciate travel plans might need to be cancelled from time to time. If a refund is required, please give us a call on 0333 103 0909 as soon as possible and we will advise appropriate procedures accordingly. Please find refund percentages as below:
29 or more days before travel: 90% of the ticket value will be refunded.
28 - 21 days prior to travel: 50% of the ticket value will be refunded.
20 - 1 day prior to travel: 25% of the ticket value will be refunded.
On or after the date of travel: No refund will be given.
Underground Travelcards are non-refundable.
£10.00 admin fee will also be applied to all refunds.
Terms & conditions of sale
West Coast Trains Limited (“the Company”) agrees to supply the services (“the Services”) to the Customer named overleaf (“the Customer”) subject to the following terms and conditions.
- Force Majeure and Frustration
Whilst the Company will use all reasonable endeavours to fulfil its contractual obligations here under, it shall not be liable for any delay brought by events which are beyond the control (for any reason) of the Company.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the Customer shall make payment for the goods within 7 days of the date of invoice, or 7 full days before travel if this occurs first.
The Company shall under no circumstances be liable for any indirect, special or consequential loss (including loss of anticipated profit or third party claims) howsoever arising either from breach or non-performance of any if its obligations under the contract or from the supply of or intended use of the Services, even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such potential loss, except that the Company shall be liable for loss arising from death or personal injury resulting from proven negligence of the Company. The Company’s liability in respect of each group booking shall be limited to the value of any tickets purchased.
- Payment Details
Payment of this invoice is due as dated (shown overleaf). The preferred method of payment is by Credit Card by calling 0333 103 0909 or BACS to the bank account details shown below. Please also submit remittance via e-mail for BACS payment after completion. International Bank Transfer payments are subject to a £7 fee. Please note that we no longer accept cheque payments.
- Bank Details and Company Registration Numbers
West Coast Trains Limited
The Royal Bank of Scotland
Corporate Banking office
PO Box 450
5-10 Great Tower Street
A/c No. 20059119
Sort Code. 16-04-00
VAT No. GB672859095
Reg No. 3007940
- International Payment Details
All Terms are in accordance with National rail Conditions of Carriage:
IBAN No: GB43RBOS16040020059119
BIC No: RBOSGB2L